HackGh Community Forum
dumsor - Dumsor isn’t a political weapon, it’s about our survival - Nana Addo Empty

Free counters!
Staff Online
Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dumsor isn’t a political weapon, it’s about our survival - Nana Addo

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, flagbearer of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has expressed disappointment over comments by his political opponents that, the NPP is constantly complaining about the energy crisis to win political points, and that they will be “weaponless” when the crisis is over.

dumsor - Dumsor isn’t a political weapon, it’s about our survival - Nana Addo 49741680.295

According Nana Addo, the devastating effects of the energy crisis, known popularly as “dumsor,” go beyond opposition or government talk, and that, it is at the heart of Ghana’s survival, especially for the citizenry and businesses.

The 2016 presidential candidate of the NPP wondered why “government apologists are saying that after the government resolves the dumsor crisis, we as opposition people, will have nothing to talk about.”

“I am astonished by this proposition,” Nana Addo said, adding that dumsor “is not a campaign weapon. It borders on the very survival of our country.”

Addressing students of the University of Cape Coast on Saturday, Nana Addo referred to the Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research’s (ISSER) recent report which put the cost of “dumsor” to the economy for 2014 alone to close to GHC1 billion.

Nana Akufo-Addo reiterated ISSER’s position that if Ghana has been in the crisis since 2012, “then we are talking about a national loss of some GHC4 billion.”

He noted that “today, industries are folding up, workers are being retrenched, livelihoods are being lost, people are dying needlessly in our hospitals, our economy is in serious decline, all of which add up to the ravages of poverty and disease. These are not matters about which a nation can recover with the wave of a hand or with the resolution of the crisis of dumsor.”

“How does the resolution of the crisis of dumsor resurrect the many Ghanaians who have lost their lives in hospitals across the country? How does the resolution of the crisis of “dumsor” restore the livelihoods of the thousands of workers who have lost their jobs? How does the resolution of the crisis of “dumsor” restore the loss of productivity over the past three years?” Nana Addo asked.

He continued, “I know of a group of investors who have their factories around the Achimota Brewery, and who manufacture plastic products. They have closed shop and are leaving for Ethiopia. There are many, many such stories. Today, investor confidence in our country is at an all- time low. The GHC4 billion that this nation has lost to the crisis of dumsor can per the calculation of this government build about 60 senior high schools.”

The NPP flagbearer also recounted the suggestion made by the Director General of Ghana Health Services, Dr. Ebenezer Appiah-Denkyira, to health facilities to charge patients an extra amount of money to take care of the cost of dumsor.

“Already the health insurance scheme which the NPP government under President Kufuor introduced has collapsed and to think that we will have to pay extra to take care of “dumsor” is unimaginable,” he added.

Source: GhanaWeb

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
How could any serious person only think of this only as a political weapon. Over 1200 hardworking Ghanaians have lost their jobs from the beginning of the year to date. How are all these people going to make ends meet and take care of their families.

I have said and I'm saying again today....Mr President, sit up on your butt and get this crisis dealt with. Stop roaming the world and get some homegrown solutions. Enough of spending taxpayers' money.

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
I also don't think using "Dumsor" as a political weapon is any great idea...So those who are thinking the NPP are using it as any form of weapon against the ruling party don't have any point.... Am saying so because we all know how this "Dumsor" crisis has affected the economy...

Coming to think of it how would solving "Dumsor" crisis bring back those who have lost their lives, restore the livelihoods of those workers who have lost their jobs and also restore the loss of productivity??? I guess the answer is simply "No one knows"......

I think restoring the bad economy should be the top most priority because a country with a continuously declining economy can never survive...I dont care whether it is the ruling government or the NPP, whoever has the ability to restore the economy to a better state where there would be good educational system, better job availability, improved livelihood of Ghanians etc... Where the economy will attract foreign investors which will in turn create more jobs.. That's what we want...A BETTER GHANA.... Not just talking and then not being able to do anything when you come in power...

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
From where I sit, this better Ghana agenda appears to be only in our dreams. I don't actually see any better thing we can speak of. And I hear we are heading toward the HIPC status once again. Ei Ghana!

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
For those that are wise and for those that are intelligent enough to read through the political lines, This Npp and Ndc have destroyed everything in this country. For those of as who have traveled and seen other countries like England, London or any other rich country land back at Kotoka International Airport and start feeling sorry for mother Ghana.

Whether is a political gain or not, he is suitably right about everything. Everyone in Ghana today have felt this dumsor apart from the Politicians who steal our taxes. Is stupid to hear that we Ghanians cant use our own taxes to take care of our selves and have to go for loans in other countries or organizations in other for Ghana to survive.

let as educated the Ghanians of where we get our loans. Is the same taxes that the country or organization like IMF have collected from their countries and then use that taxes to borrow Ghana. Remember with every loan,there is always an interest when you hear the word loan. Stupid politicians who cant manage our economy. Food for thought

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Its very sad how Ghanians especially politicians deceive people for to come to power and when they come to power, they are unable to take good care of the country.
This power crisis has really cost Ghana a big loss but most people haven't seen that yet. People have lost their lifes at hospitals during surgeries and so on because of this same power crisis, lost of jobs and so many others.
Our leaders should wake up and stop the politics rather than looking forward to the development of the country cos that was why the Ghanaian people voted for them to come to power.

sultamania

Active Newbie
Politicians are vampires , they don't care about the victims and what they want is to see their bank account growing fat

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
hahahahah... really interesting.. they are always looking out for their interest and ambition and not caring for the people who vote them in power, they are power hungry and fight even among themselves to achieve power. some stupid Ghanians are naive enough to fall pray to their political ambition.

study CASE STUDY OF NPP

scratch How came we have THE MINORITY LEADER(NPP), 19 years as the MP of Suame magazine (kumasi) as if Suame is his property and when others came to challenge for the seat at his constituency, they are insulted and swept aside as if the are not NPP. Not forgetting Nana Akufo Addo, who is abscessed to be the president of Ghana as if is his birth rights, for more than 30 years , this man have tried to be president, i wouldn't be surprise if he loses the 2016 elections and decide to run again. Alan kyeremanteng have been push side AND often attributed with bad news and reportage just to dent his identity.

Eye Asem oo not sure

Somebody should ask Nana Akofo Addo , how many billions of cides the NPP spent on Ghana @50 and the sales of Ghana telecom to Vodafone? and the bribes they share in parliament just to pass the sales of Vodafone. Now here we are he speaking as if he is not corrupt himself. Stupid Politicians

sultamania

Active Newbie
That's Ghana for you.
All political parties are full of greedy bastards.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum