Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

NDC DCE sprays pepper on executives

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NDC DCE sprays pepper on executives Empty NDC DCE sprays pepper on executives Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:59 am

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

NDC DCE sprays pepper on executives 2702787121136_1014344109377

The Kwahu South District Chief Executive, Joseph Omari is alleged to have sprayed pepper on the Mpraeso Constituency Executives of the National Democrat­ic Congress (NDC) at a meeting.

According to Daily Guide, the Mpraeso constituency chairman of the NDC, Mahama Salifu, with about 20 other executives, Thursday afternoon stormed the DCE's office to have a meeting in connection with a proposed working visit on Friday by the East­ern Regional Minister, Antwi Boasiako-Sekyere, to commission some projects.

Daily Guide learnt that the DCE - who was recently suspended by the constituency chairman for three months as a result of some allegations against him - in an angry mood, allegedly put his hand into his drawer and took pepper spray and sprayed it on the executives.

The action, sources indicated, angered the executives and caused an exchange of blows at the office.

Some of the constituency ward executives were reported injured and were rushed to the Atibie Government Hospital for treatment.

According to sources, the situation was brought under control when the Mpraeso police commander, one ASP Wiredu and his men stormed the assembly's premises to calm the mayhem.

Chairman’s reaction

When contacted by Daily Guide Mr Mahama Salifu stated that they intended to have a meeting with the DCE towards the regional minister's visit and he (DCE) got angry at them the moment they entered his office and sprayed them with pepper.

"Joseph Omari didn't even allow us to sit down, and all that we witnessed was pepper spray; some of my executives were rushed to the hospital. I am at the police station now writing my statement as I am speaking to you The Police have issued medical forms to the other executives for treatment," Mahama disclosed.

He threatened that they would deal with the DCE if President Mahama fails to sack him in the coming days.

DCE’s Reaction

Mr Joseph Omari however, debunked the allegation against him when he spoke to this paper.

"The chairman and some Zongo youth stormed my office with cut­lasses, hammer, pinch bars and the pepper spray to attack me, when I was in a meeting with some officials. They pushed my secretary onto the floor when she asked them, their mission.

"They used padlocks to lock my office; it was the Mpraeso police who came to save my life, other than that, they could have sprayed the pepper into my eyes. I even thought it was acid," Joseph Omari narrated.

He hinted that he was surprised to see them at his office since they claimed to have suspended him from the party, adding that he had report­ed the matter to the police for investigation.

ASP Wiredu, promised to give details of the incident but failed to pick his calls when he was contacted at the time this report was filed.

Source: Myjoyonline

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum