Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ancelotti wishes Gotze well if he's leaving Bayern for Dortmund

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

opoku34

Active Newbie
Mario Gotze looks to be on the verge of returning to Borussia Dortmund after three largely frustrating seasons at Bayern Munich, with new manager Carlo Ancelotti wishing him well if he leaves the club.

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge revealed to German broadcaster ZDF that he expects negotiations to come to a conclusion on Thursday.

He said: "We're in constructive talks with Borussia Dortmund and his agent. I believe a positive decision will be made tomorrow."

But all this was news to Carlo Ancelotti, speaking after a debut win in Munich against his predecessor Pep Guardiola's Manchester City side.

"I haven't spoken with the club yet because we were focussed only on this game. If Gotze leaves the club, then I wish him good luck for the new season," Ancelotti said bluntly.

"We have a fantastic squad. That's it, I have nothing else to say."

However, the returning Guardiola did offer up some pleasantries for Gotze at the news conference, stressing that it was "a shame" that Gotze had failed to hit it off in Munich.

"Mario is a good person who gives everything to the team and focusses on his job 24 hours a day. It's never easy at a big club and it wasn't easy for either me or Mario during my time here," said the former Bayern coach.

Source: espnfc.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum