You are not connected. Please login or register

Create WiFi Hotspot On Laptop Without Any Software

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

saeedpqr

saeedpqr
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
How to turn a PC or Laptop into a WiFi HotSpot

• Step 1: Open the Command prompt with Administrator rights.(Run As Administrator)
  • Step 2: Type in the following command

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=HotSpot key=12345678

Here ” HotSpot ” will be the name of the WiFi HotSpot you are going to create. You can change it to any other name of your choice.

Similarly the Key value i.e. “ 12345678 ” is the password to connect to the WiFi HotSpot, you can also change this to any value of your choice.

• Step 3: Next type

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

The result should look like this.

Create WiFi Hotspot On Laptop Without Any Software Use-command-prompt-to-create-wifi-hotspot-for-free

• Step 4: Next you will have to go to Network and sharing center in Control panel and right click on your main network and select properties. i.e the network that you are using to access the internet.

Create WiFi Hotspot On Laptop Without Any Software Network-and-sharing-center

• Step 5: Finally click on the sharing tab and check ” allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connect

In the drop down menu select the WiFi Interface or Adapter created by CMD and click OK.

Create WiFi Hotspot On Laptop Without Any Software Allow-other-networks-to-connect-throguh-this-computers-internet-connection

Thats it now you can search for the WiFi HotSpot from any WiFi enabled device and connect to it with the password key set by you.

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Nice... I use connectify me most of the times and its kind of strange that whenever i try to use it on windows 8, 8.1 or 10 on my pc i keep getting blue screen of death.... So i have to use windows 7 whenever i wish to share my pc's internet... But with this process am able to share my modem's internet via mu laptop and i don't seem to get any blue screen or whatsoever... Great tutorial there.. its really gonna be helpful...

flava1

flava1
Active Newbie
thanks bros..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum