https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/President In Ghana

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

misterio

misterio
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
When are we going to have a female Vice President/President in Ghana?? Is it that we dnt have women that are capable of doing it or our old nd young men are too hungry for power OR Is that our constitution DOES NOT ALLOW "HER EXCELLENCY". Rise up girls nd let your voice be heard..Democracy is for all nd sundry! For rich nd d poor, for men nd women, for old nd young, for elite nd masses, and it is for boys and girls..

I need your opinion on this. Mature comments only pls

Nino 1

Nino 1
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
The Millennium Development Goals fully states that need to promote gender equality and empower women.This has being a focus area of the government of Ghana as there are many strategies which are being specified in the National Medium Term Development Frameworks. With all these efforts in place, the women in the Ghanaian society mostly see themselves not fit to hold position in the society. Those who are fit are sometimes not given the opportunity to prove themselves. It is never stated in the 1992 constitution of Ghana that only males can become presidents and also be bosses in political offices. I think it's because of the way women see themselves not fit to hold positions in the country. The right time would come where a lady would be the President of GHANA.

Last edited by Nino 1 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelt word)

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
women say they are equal to men... who is to they wouldn't be just as corrupt as men? Brazil, Argentina,Liberia have females at the helm are they any better? look a what victoria hammer did

shata1

shata1
Contributor
IMOGENE333 dat doesnt mean that all women are the same... never use one person's mistake to condemn all.... Afterall fiee bɛn na Mensah ɛni mu??

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
@Nino, I cant really think of woman who is us serious as Nana Kunadu Agyeman rawlings who made the attempted to run for president but was suppressed by the E.C. I don't think she is going to win in 2016 , but at least its in the right direction, as other women might emulate her in future. That time will eventually came in future.

@IMOGENE333, Women are known for same characteristics more than men, such as love of a woman for her child. Women are more caring than men. Women are more soft spooking. Don't forget women runs about
90% of the affairs of the family(household).

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
This thread coincides with a research that was carried out here about three days ago. It seeked to know from the public how they think governance and corruption would have been if we had women in the higher positions. A whooping 90% of the public voted in favor of women in higher positions and am not surprised with that outcome given the shrewd by which our mothers spend when they are put in charge of finance in the homes as compared to our fathers. The believe that women generally have a soft heart as compared to men is to some extent also true as seen in the love our mothers shower on us through out lives. Of course there are the bad nuts like Vicky and the rest, but on the whole i believe that our mothers would take care of us better. The question then is WHEN are we ever going to see that come to pass in this era where women are not even involved in decision making in the house talk less of outside.

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying women can not be presidents. What I'm saying is women should not be made presidents just because of the fact that they are women. They should be considered for leadership positions because just like their male counterparts, they are capable and qualified for the job.

@phAnt0m DrAcON softspokeness doesn't run a country. The Brazilian, Argentinian, Liberian presidents all have scandals and crises to deal with and they handle them no different from their male equivalents. In fact they rule like men. If you'd be honest, most of the great women leaders in history like Yaa Asantewaa, Margaret Thatcher etc had more masculine competitiveness and decisiveness which where key values for their success.
In any case, this issue should focus, not on men versus women, but on organizational culture. At that level, a mixture of feminine and masculine traits are required. women are believed to have traits the make good at fostering relationship, collaborations and nurturing talent whiles men are competitive and aggressive. Having female traits is good but making feminine relational skills so central to leadership overlooks the aggressiveness of leadership. To succeed in this context, people need to be competitive, to have a drive to win.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum