You are not connected. Please login or register

One out of 12 Ghanaians "very poor" - GSS Survey

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
One out of 12 Ghanaians "very poor" - GSS Survey 94364393.295
One out of every 12 Ghanaians is considered extremely poor while a quarter of the Ghanaian population is believed to be generally poor, according to the latest report on Living Standards in Ghana.

The annual survey which is compiled by the Statistical Service is aimed at compiling a credible data for efficient policy formation.

The Ghana Living Standards Survey is a nationwide household survey which provides information in assessing the living conditions of Ghanaian households.

The survey has emerged as one of the most important tools in welfare monitoring systems in the West African country.

Addressing a news conference on the latest report in Accra, the board chairman of the GSS, Dr Osei Boeh-Ocansey said the “dynamics of poverty in Ghana over the last seven years indicate that poverty is still a rural phenomenon."

According to the report, extreme poverty has fallen from 18 percent to 8.4 percent between 2005 and 2006.

It also states that the "National Poverty headcount has reduced from 29 percent in 2005/2006 to 24.2 percent in 2012."

The compilation of the data is sponsored by the government in collaboration with the various development partners.

heavydee7

heavydee7
Active Newbie
Hmmm our country Ghana is full of greedy leaders who are not ready to help the poor

Nino 1

Nino 1
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
The country is not full of greedy leaders. I am sure that the systems or the process that leads to the outcome of policies are not functioning effectively and efficiently. Recently read a report about a study conducted by an NGO which revealed that 7.5 million Ghanaians live on less that one dollar a day. This is actually bad. With this Ghana has not achieve much of what is expected in the MDGs. What is actually being said at the national level does not reflect or reveal the actual situation on the ground.We brand ourselves as a middle income country meanwhile we are just a lower middle income country. Ghana has a long way to go

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
The NGO and GSS must be joking, do you know how many Ghanians are living in poverty and dont even have 1 cide per day. i dont blame this situation on just this administration. but to be frank with you this administration have really made Ghanians suffer. I myself have an issue with this government who seems to be asleep for 3 years.

Why do we still have sympathizers for such wicked act toward Ghanians, If the President and his administration were wise and it wouldn't have been 3 years down the line. Where is the light?

Most of you guys really are taken this for a joke, when the very thing that can generate power, we have sold over 13 billion dollars of fuel, the very fuel that can power Ghana. Always changing their lanes from rainfall, Atuabo,generators, badges and what? Where is the power?......

This president is only president Of Ghanian history to put the people of Ghana into darkness for 3 years, if you own a business that uses energy like i do... you would be singing the same same song with me, as i speak am using a generator. Where is the power?

Am not sure i will vote for the NPP, but i will certainly not even consider Mahama in 2016, he has simply failed Ghanians, he is a failure in my books and do not deserve a second chance , Ghana is not for just Mahama, this country belongs to me too....

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Hehehe. I can't stop laughing. It depends on how they define poverty though. The last time I checked, any person living on less than $1.25 a day could be considered as poor. that translates into a little over GHS 4.50. Now the question is- How many Ghanaians a comfortably able to spend more than 5 cedis a day? From where I sit, most Ghanaians are poor. And the current economic conditions too are not helping matters at all.

They should come again.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
study Its not factual trying to give us this statistic to impress people to favor the government in power. When the true reality on grounds is very simple, When you sit in an Air-conditioned room, in the comforts of your chairs and say stupid things to us.

scratch The government is the largest when it comes to employment intake, but have put embargo on employment from 2009 to date, For six years the government have not been employing, they cant create jobs for the people anymore and have resulted in selling our properties like Merchant bank and others,

study Does the GSS have the Unemployment statics of Ghana during that period from 2009 to 2015.. Ghana now have over 500,000 Unemployment graduate. whom the government cant employ. This comes to the private companies that are suppose to employ those students. now they have endowed the dumsor " electricity" situation which have been crippling their business. Companies like Coca cola have to shut down their factory in Kumasi(Ashanti Region).. Companies like Anglo Gold have sack over half of his employees, WHERE IS THIS COUNTRY HEADING........ Even in this 3 years of Dumsur, Electricity bails have been increased over 150%.

Evil or Very Mad Now some stupid statistics is suppose to make us feel ok and turn blind eyes to the realities that crippling Mother Ghana. Not forgetting the greedy Ministers who are stealing our taxes. .... eye akwasiesem paa na Evil or Very Mad GSS eye

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum