Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to monitor phone calls

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to monitor phone calls Empty How to monitor phone calls Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:18 am

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
First of all, all of the information I am about to share is for educational purposes.
Don't go listening to your hot neighbor sexy talk to her boyfriend, and most importantly DO NOT block public signals.
Doing so may block emergency services, get you a lot of fines, or worse.
Don't be that guy.

Monitoring phone calls near you
-What you will need

A scanner. I use a very old PRO-51 from RadioShack for this.
A general knowledge of scanners and how to program them.
A well populated area will increase your odds of finding a call being made.
Optional--A higher vantage point may help in some situations, with thick walls or multiple floors.
Patience!

First you are going to want to grab yourself a scanner. I use a UVHF Hi-Lo-Air scanner, which I find works best for older cordless phones.
How to monitor phone calls 110

Once you grab yourself one from RadioShack, or your favorite electronics store.. You will want to set the SQUELCH all the way down.

This should be the knob on the top near the volume. Some models are different, and almost all are labeled. Check your user manual if it isn't labeled.

Next you are going to want to find the program button, it should be on the face of the scanner, near the dial pad.

Manually put in any ---.---- frequency and hit the enter button.

At this point, you should hear static unless you got lucky and hit a popular freq.

Now you need to turn the SQUELCH up until you either, hear a difference in the static, or you can hit any UP OR DOWN button, making the static stop.

What you should see on the screen is your scanner doing what it was made to do. Scan. It should be looking for the best frequency channel and Mhz it finds, in a chronological order from 1 to your max channel/Mhz.

Now this is where the patience comes into play.. What you are going to want to do is turn the SQUELCH down to where it is almost stops scanning again. This is your sweet spot.

Once you have found that, start pressing the up/down button until you hit, a pause/less static/voices/anything other than static really.

You now have programmed your scanner to find THE BEST signal it can find, near by.

If you know of a situation in which someone needs to be using a phone in during the day, you can now find out why, by browsing the channels and frequencies until you hit their signal.

NOTE: if you do not find a signal on your first cycle through all frequencies, try a different channel. In my experiences, channel 2 around the 400Mhz range is the best bet for older cordless phones.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum