https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY DECREASED IN WIN8.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MIMMS94

MIMMS94
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
guys i would be very grateful if anyone could help me resolve this problm Shocked affraid with my laptop..
pc :toshiba satellite p855 s5200, core i7
my video ram( dedicated memory) decreased 32mb after i installed windows 8.1.
the laptop which when i bought had win7 installed on it and the dedicated video ram was 64mb.

please can anyone help me to change it to 64mb as it was before?? Shocked sunny bom

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Check and see which version of windows 8.1 that you installed, 86x(32 bit) or 64x(64bit), most core i7 pc use 64bit windows, i will also recommend you download a new video drivers for you pc.

This happened to me on my Alienware dell laptop, i went to dell support and downloaded new video, chipset and bios drivers for windows 8, after installation and system restart it was back to 128mb, am not quiet sure which driver did the trick doe, but these are the 3 i downloaded

Mostly windows 8.1 will not have pre-installed drivers for your laptop and you need to download from the apporate site. Go to http://support.toshiba.com/drivers and get new windows 8.1 drivers for you pc, when you arrive at the site, do the following

1. Enter your model or serial number?  in space provided and hit Go
2, Now select drivers for windows 8 and download. Make sure you download video, chipset and bios drivers.
3. Install the drivers after download and restart your laptop.

ADVICE:

*Core i7 computer/laptops are very fast regardless of the dedicated memory allocated to it, it will still play most games and do things you require your computer to do. so you can choose to ignore it and use you computer

*Be careful when installing the bios update as it can brick(spoil) you laptop and render it useless..

* If you video card in NVIDIA, then you can avoid all the above trouble and use turbocache to restore your dedicated memory back. see more details here http://www.nvidia.com/page/turbocache

MIMMS94

MIMMS94
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
okay thank you admin so how or what can make the updating of the bios crack or spoil my pc.. does it need and internet connect during that process? please

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Not at all, its basically offline installation after you download the file, but am just cautioning you on what bios update is capable bricking your laptop.

MIMMS94

MIMMS94
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
ohh im scared now .. the fact is dat after i installed win8.1 and d video ram dropped to 32mb i cant play a game called CRYSIS, it cant even open it,,

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Your computer must be set in way that can provide you full control and accessibility, If windows 7 gives you the preferences you need  to play your games , why not downgrade it back to windows 7, so you can play your games and enjoy your laptop instead of using window 8 which is giving problems playing games.

I played Crysis 3 some months ago, and i must admit, it a very rich content game, lots of weapon selections and insane robotic enemies, its a must play game which you must compromise to windows 7 to play for now.....

Last edited by phAnt0m DrAcON on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

MIMMS94

MIMMS94
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
yea admin im even thinkin of making a win7 installation on it today.. cus im afraid so i want to download all windows 7 drivers for it ffroom the net and make dat windows installation ..bye the way thank you

MIMMS94

MIMMS94
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
admins/guys one this it that the laptop came with windows7 installed on it whn i bought it and d dedicatd vram ws 64mb so does it mean dat whn i make a new windows7 installation would d dedicated vram be 64mb?

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Yes man, i believe so, just make sure you have all the drivers you need for the windows7 installation, better still have you check if you system is have a partition for windows recovery? if not just install windows 7 and am sure you pc will be back 64mb

Just let us know what happened after the downgrade to windows 7, we wiill be here to help if you don't meet your expectation of 64mb

MIMMS94

MIMMS94
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
okay admin.. im still downloading the drivers ... thanks for your concern

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum