Free counters!
Staff Online
Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Ghana ready for on-line marketing of music now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Ever since the purchase of music albums dwindled drastically, most musicians have resorted to the production of singles and uploading them on websites for purchase. Nonetheless, Ghana is not ready for on-line marketing of music no!

Most musicians now produce 'singles' and employ all forms of publicity stunts to promote them instead of producing albums as they used to do in the 90 and early 00s. The question is: na who cause am?????.... guys please i need your opinion about this issue

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
The dwindling of albums in Ghana is majorly influenced by the onset of the internet. Now the musicians are striving to make something small out of their own toil,which is unfair. I think one of them has to take the initiative and start this online sale of albums. I believe the others will follow if there is a little bit of success in it. But they don't have anything to loose do they?

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
scratch Ghanian artiste themselves are not hard working enough to release albums, I own 2 album of Sakodie because i wanted the collection of the Cd itself, today all musicians are judged by how many albums he released and how many he sold either through online like itune on other on-demand music access sites, in shops and pawn shops or another places,

study The likes of Lumba and Obrafour are a typical example hard working musicians and today we have Sakodie also doing the same. Do you know you can buy Sakodie album on iTunes and other mediums?  do you know that Sakodie have 20 or more track his albums?

But i should also say internet have really contributed to the artiste being lazy because they feel all their hard work will be put online for free download, i get the point. scratch We have 50cent and Lil Wayne still making albums, The Lil Wayne "Cater" series 1-5 album in the space of 5 years while during that time he also released so many singles and featured so many musicians. thats hard work

Crying or Very sad The internet is there but we have too many lazy musicians in Ghana who are not hard working enough to release album, let alone benefit from online sales, today all we here is single here and singles there.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Clearly the Internet is here and here for good. It is a tool available to serve whoever is ready to use it. It is up to the local musicians to be serious and get their acts together. The online market medium is still at the growing stage in the country. The artistes should take advantage of that. The could run their TV and FM promos alongside the online promo.

It's unfortunate that I've personally been looking for a particular album to buy and have come up with nothing encouraging. Yet this album only came out around 2003. Hardly would you get Ghanaian music online to buy. If they are available, people would definitely buy them.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum