You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Kumawood actors can’t read - Van Vicker

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Most Kumawood actors can’t read - Van Vicker 29296978.295

Ghanaian actor Van Vicker says a number of Kumasi actors cannot read, which is the main reason they are just given scenarios and scenes and asked to come up with their own wording.

Van was answering a question on what he made of the strong line between the Accra movies (glamour) and Kumasi movies (Kumawood) in an interview with Hitz FM’s Ibrahim Ben-Bako.

He said, “Some movies done in Kumasi don’t really follow script per say. Because a number of actors there can’t read so they just give scenarios. They mention a scene and the actors will have to come up with their own wording that is worth acting but when I go to shoot in Kumasi and I’m faced with similar problems where they give me scenarios, I demand scripts so I’m given a script but not a fully fleshed script”.

On how the film industry was doing, Van said the industry is not really growing.

He said, it is bad because “the revenue filmmakers generate is not what it should be, they still have piracy problems and there is no unity in the industry.”

Van Vicker believed that “there is a lot of future ahead the film industry, producers and directors are also very much interested in upgrading and are very much interested in having new equipment to bring good quality movies. So yes it’s bad and good at the same time”.

Van has been appointed by the President of the Film Directors Guild of Ghana (FDGG) as one of its executive member.

Source: Ghanaweb

Last edited by chinesta10 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Wow, this kumawood actors and actresses are really talented, they dont follow script but what they give out on their own about their acting is the best.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum