Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

NPP Coup; They have pushed me to the wall - Agyepong

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

iknow

iknow
Forum Helper
The General Secretary of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwabena Agyei Agyepong, has finally lost his patience.

He has served notice that he would deal with his critics in the National Executive group of the party - who are conspiring to destroy his political future.

The NPP General Secretary’s public outburst, is as a result of comments that he deliberately decided not to show up at last Monday’s Steering Committing meeting; and when contacted said, he (Kwabena Agyepong) was enjoying his fufu in Kumasi; and that he had no idea of the said meeting.

Speaking to Okay FM’s Kwame Nkrumah Tikese, Mr. Kwabena Agyepong, made it known that the apprehensions in the party, are all part of the grand conspiracy to undermine the authority of both him (Kwabena) and National Chairman, Mr. Paul Afoko.

To his critics, he said; “I have kept quiet for a long time and I am getting tired.

If this is how they want things to go, then I will soon begin to expose how things really are in the party; they have pushed me to the wall.

I know there are plans by some people just to destroy me and my future in politics, and I am prepared to confront them squarely, henceforth”.

Mr. Freddie Blay, the First National Vice-Chairman of the NPP, summoned an emergency Steering Committee meeting on May 4, 2015, where the party’s flagbearer, Mr. Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo was present.

Though Mr. Blay’s meeting was legitimate per the provisions of the NPP Constitution, many, including Kwabena Agyepong, have questioned the motive behind the said meeting, most precisely, when the party's National Chairman was not aware.

However, a founding member of the NPP, Dr. Nyaho-Nyaho Tamakloe, without mincing words has said that the meeting convened by Mr. Freddie Blay was a preparatory ground by some National Executive members to hijack the party.

Describing the development as disturbing, Nyaho Tamakloe said, "It is the latest in overt and covert attempts to hijack the national executive outfit and undermine some elements in the leadership, especially the Chairman, Mr. Afoko, and the General Secretary, Mr. Agyepong; and we must all speak out against it”.

According to him, ever since Afoko and Agyepong assumed office, some people in the party have given them no peace and said that what is being witnessed in the NPP today has never happened in the history of the party, adding that, the likes of Da Rocha, Agyenim Boateng, Ala Adjetey, Dan Botwe, Mac Manu, Ohene Ntow, Obetsebi-Lamptey, Owusu-Afriyie, were never treated the way Afoko and Kwabena Agyepong are being undermined.

"We have a 1st Vice Chairman, who recently joined from a rival party - but now calls the shots and disregards party traditions, and no one calls him to order. This is untenable," Dr. Nyaho Tamakloe, is on record to have said.

According to him, the unnecessary power struggle in the party can affect the electoral fortunes of the party come 2016, and called on the party’s leadership to ensure that unity prevails in the NPP, particularly, at the grassroots level.

Source: The Informer

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
This NPP Guys will never learn and then upon loosing election , they then question the people of Ghanas vote and said it was not legitimate, then they took the entire nation to court to annul votes.  9 Judges vote and elected a president in 2012,. this is the most disrespectful act to the people of Ghana by the NPP. you need to be open minded and asked yourself where was your vote? going to court to annul the vote of Ghanians( you and i) ....Creation 8 months of tensions in Ghana crippling our economy.

Ahh Npp..... What if they attempt that stupidity idea of a supreme court gain in 2016. Nana Akufo Adu should have known better that unifying the party like KUFOUR did to win the 2010 is the only way they can win power. If he does not do that, he can never be the president of this nation. With the NDC in limbo and cant find a way to get us electricity, the attention of NPP should be channeled on informing the people of Ghana what they will do to solve our issues and use the situation to win votes. LoOk at what they are doing now.  hmmmm politicians

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
This is really outrageous.... The party that i believe most Ghanaians are wishing to come back in power come 2016 to help take country out of this "Dumsor wahala" rather is going through internal issues....

I think is really sad to learn that some of the party executives are acting out of order and need to be checked as soon as possible before things completely get out of hands...  

I believe that in any organization, what ever goes on, like meetings, is made open and known to any member so as to ensure that there is transparency in that organization.... I just cant believe how a meeting of such importance could be held without the knowledge of other executives ..... Not just any executive but both The party's General Secretary and National Chairman.... This is unbelievable and unbearable....

These attempts to hijack the national executive outfit and undermine some elements in the leadership is really pathetic.. How can the party prevail when the relationship between some members are in a very bad shape... Instead of focusing on using this devastating power crisis as a weapon to command a lot of Ghanaian trust and votes to enable them to come back in power, they are rather having internal problems....

The Flag Bearer should do everything in his power to make sure there is law and order if they really want to win the 2016 elections.... Cos i don't see how they can solve this big "Dumsor" problem that has plagued the country for about 3 and half years when they cant solve this little one of their own...

To ensure that unity prevails in the party which is very necessary for success in the  next elections, I thinks its time to call those who are trying to tear the party apart to order......

Last edited by chinesta10 on Tue May 12, 2015 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typographical error)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum