You are not connected. Please login or register

Accra: Demolition of houses on waterways begins at Mile 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Accra: Demolition of houses on waterways begins at Mile 7 86621656

Graphic Online has gathered that the demolition of alleged houses on waterways has begun at Mile 7 in Accra.

A filling station in the area was one of the buildings earmarked to be demolished as at the time of filing this report.

The demolition is being carried out by Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) of GA West Municipal Assembly, Mr Attorquaye Quaye.

Mr Quaye said the demolition exercise had become necessary following deadly floods which caused about 150 deaths in Accra Wednesday.

He said the exercise will move on to parts of Ofankor and Amansaman.

Experts have expressed the view that building of houses on waterway is a major cause of flooding in Accra.

Source: GhanaWeb

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
OHH you this people; we will only wait until something really bad happens then we begin to act as if we care.. fine dis demolition exercise will take place ok... but i promise u in 4 yrs time when all is forgotten..u will c new buildings with new owners on that same Land...regardless for the reason of the earlier demolition...

Our Country whole structure is a joke., Government is a joke..,Authorities are jokers, and most of all we all are ...... GOD save us all

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
I think thats the problem... We want something to happen before we start to act accordingly when its already done the damage.... When allocating lands for settlement, i believe those in charge know whether that land is good for people to build their houses on or not before they allow work permit.... But because of Money, i guess they neglect the negetive effects that could happen in the future and go on to sell those land....

Its a good initiative in response to preventing other flooding cases in the future and i only hope this people whose houses are going to be demolished would be relocated or compensated sooner.... Well, what has happened has already happened and nothing can be done to bring back everything and everyone that has been lost to the flood...But the way forward is what is most important now i think its something good in the right direction..

I hope Lands which are water ways will be made strictly prohibited for settlement in the future in order to prevent a repeat of this devastating disaster which has plagued our country... But all i can say it that i feel so sorry for those who have lost loved ones and properties through this difficult times following the devastating floods..

Last edited by chinesta10 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum