You are not connected. Please login or register

Gov’t declares war on fuel stations without permit

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Gov’t declares war on fuel stations without permit 62888159

The government has served notice it is going to crack the whip on fuel stations in Ghana operating without permit.

According to the Minister of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation Mahama Ayariga, a special taskforce will from next week crackdown on filling stations to make sure they are sited at the right places.

He said the special taskforce has been given the mandate to comb through the country to inspect the operating permit of all fuel stations and gas stations.

Ayariga appealed to Ghanaians to back the exercise since it is part of measures being instituted by the government to save lives and properties in the event of any disaster.

At least 200 lives were consumed in the GOIL filling station explosion and flood last Wednesday following a heavy downpour in Ghana’s capital Accra. According to the Ghana National Fire Service, loose valves led to the spillage of fuel which caught fire during the flood.

Ayariga said heads of the Environmental Protection Agency, the Town and Country Planning Authority among other stakeholders have been summoned for a meeting on Monday to reconsider how to make policies work, especially in the capital.

Source: GhanaWeb

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Tweaaaa This exercise is jux going to put money in som1 pocket.. trust me bribes will be giving by Big Companies who deal in the line of work.... So do u want to tell me that the so- called authorities did not c them when they where building or preparing the grounds for a filing station? so who gave them permit in the first place?.... We wait for somtin to happen and then we act to pretend as if we care....

Trust me " THEY NEVER CARE"

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
That's Ghana for you.... All along some of this filling stations have been operating without authorization and making money.... If it hadn't been the fact that at least 200 were lost in the GOIL explosion this past week, these filling stations operating illegally would have still been operating....

No wonder there are so many of these filling stations here in Ghana some of which have lots of question marks as to the QUALITY of service they are rendering to Ghanaians, whether it is doing us good or HARM....

Anyway, i hope those filling station operating without permit would met with the appropriate sanctions as soon as possible so as to promote the safety of ghanaians and improve the country's economy to some extent....

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum