You are not connected. Please login or register

RIDDLE ! RIDDLE !! :Strange Creature

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solved RIDDLE ! RIDDLE !! :Strange Creature Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:59 pm

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Question: What creature can see both infra-red and ultra-violet light?

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
The Goldfish is a creature that i learnt has that unique ability or seeing both lights. Hope i was able to answer that.

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
I agree with Dagobert on the answer.... After some research, i also learnt that a Goldfish's vision is among the most studied of all vision in fishes... Goldfish have four kinds of cone cells, which are respectively sensitive to different colors: red, green, blue and ultraviolet.

The ability to distinguish between four different primary colors classifies them as tetrachromats (Organisms that possess four independent channels for conveying color information, or possess four types of cone cells in the eye)...

Hope we are right.....

Last edited by phAnt0m DrAcON on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:57 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Goldfish have strong associative learning abilities, as well as social learning skills. In addition, their visual acuity allows them to distinguish between individual humans. Owners may notice that fish react favorably to them (swimming to the front of the glass in an aquarium , swimming rapidly around the tank, and going to the surface mouthing for food) while hiding when other people approach the tank. Over time, goldfish learn to associate their owners and other humans with food, often "begging" for food whenever their owners approach.

Intelligence

Goldfish have a memory-span of at least three months and can distinguish between different shapes, colors and sounds.  By using positive reinforcement , goldfish can be trained to recognize and to react to light signals of different colors or to perform tricks. Fish respond to certain colors most evidently in relation to feeding. Fish learn to anticipate feedings provided they occur at around the same time every day.

The extraordinary abilities of this creature simply doesn't seem to end. I have learned a lot about this fish through this Riddle. Hackgh is a very good learning platform.

Last edited by Dagobert on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing Error)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum