Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Defeated NPP MPs form association

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Defeated NPP MPs form association Empty Defeated NPP MPs form association Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:49 am

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Defeated NPP MPs form association 16494474

Members of Parliament (MPs) of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) who were defeated in last weekend’s primaries have formed an association.

The aim of the association according to the MP for Obuasi East Edward Ennin who mooted the idea said it is to contribute their quota to ensure the party's flagbearer, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo wins the 2016 general elections.

“So far most of my colleagues have agreed to the idea and we are on course to bring our experience to bear to help further the campaign of Nana Addo…,” he said on Accra-based Oman FM on Tuesday.

Twenty four MPs lost their seats to various aspirants including a 22-year old. Member of Parliament for Kwabre East, Kofi Frempong also revealed his willingness to join the association formed by his colleague.

“We would see how best we can marshal forces to strengthen Nana Addo’s campaign … criss-crossing in the regions for our party to come to power.

In times like this, you realize that some of our members, especially the MPs who lost will lose hope and therefore would become very weak.

However, with the formation of the association, it will mobilize all of them to vigorously join the campaign for victory in 2016.

“When you lose an election that is not the end of you and the party. The party must move forward and that is why it is imperative for all of us to support in this direction,” he added.

Mr. Frempong is one of several persons who lost their bid to contest on the ticket of the NPP in 2016.

He polled 187 votes of the total valid votes cast while his main competitors, Lawyer Osei-Poku and 22-year-old Francisca Oteng-Mensah polled 202 and 321 votes respectively.

Source: Adomonline

2Defeated NPP MPs form association Empty Re: Defeated NPP MPs form association Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:47 am

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
This may simply be a case of some political "Mugabe's" thinking they are the only ones wise enough to rule. If they lost the primaries, it simply implies the people are kind of fed up of them.

Are they to tell us that it is only by forming an association that they could be relevant to the party? That definitely should not be the case. They could very well come together to help but I think an association is needless at this point. Isn't ensuring Nana wins in 2016 the goal of the party? Or their association can do that better?

3Defeated NPP MPs form association Empty Re: Defeated NPP MPs form association Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:05 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Well, i think the motive behind the formation of the association is a good one in relation to the party's quest to be in power again come 2016.... I have always liked the saying that "Together we stand, divided we fall".. The party cant certainly stand if there are divisions between members..

Its good for the MP, who also lost, to come up with this brilliant idea to bring together all the other defeated MPs to form this association in order to contribute their quota to ensure the party wins the 2016 general elections... I think that way, those who lost will not feel dejected but rather have renewed hope and be strong to stand with the party to glory....

I don't think loosing means the end but rather a moral booster to come back even stronger... I guess this members in the association will strongly join the campaign in order to move the party forward to victory in 2016...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum