Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scientists Discover Another Earth!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scientists Discover Another Earth! Empty Scientists Discover Another Earth! Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:27 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Scientists Discover Another Earth! New-earthh

NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope recently discovered an Earth-like planet orbiting a nearby star within the habitable zone of our galaxy. Kepler-186f is approximately 500 light-years from Earth in the Cygnus constellation.

The habitable zone, also known as the Goldilocks zone, is the region around a star within which planetary-mass objects with sufficient atmospheric pressure can support liquid water at their surfaces. While it has been estimated that there are at least 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in our Milky Way Galaxy, this particular discovery is labeled the first Earth-sized planet to be found in the habitable zone of another star.

Scientists Discover Another Earth! New-earth-2

What does this mean?

In addition to Kepler-186f, there are 4 other planets that orbit a nearby star within the Kepler-186f system. What this means is that if the nearby star to this planet is similar to our Sun, then the probability of life on this planet exponentially rises.

“We know of just one planet where life exists – Earth. When we search for life outside our solar system we focus on finding planets with characteristics that mimic that of Earth,” said Elisa Quintana, research scientist at the SETI Institute at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif., and lead author of the paper published today in the journal Science. “Finding a habitable zone planet comparable to Earth in size is a major step forward.”

The nearby star to Kepler-186f has half the mass and size as our solar system’s Sun and only receives one-third of the energy that we receive from our Sun. Kepler-186f orbits its star once every 130 days.

Do you think there is life on other planets?  Comment below!

SOURCE: THEMINDUNLEASHED

Last edited by chinesta10 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)

2Scientists Discover Another Earth! Empty Re: Scientists Discover Another Earth! Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:39 am

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
There's definitely life outside our planet . I don't which planet, star or wherever they are, i know we will make contact with them at some point in the future. The thought of or mention of Aliens creeps some people up, forgetting that we technically speaking are also aliens to them.

I hope this discovery is not one of those temporary noise these researchers have been making. I would keenly follow this to see how it goes.

3Scientists Discover Another Earth! Empty Re: Scientists Discover Another Earth! Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:23 pm

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Shocked In the beginning God created the earth, hmmmmmmmmmm?, how about the nine planet in our solar system, some even bigger than the size of this earth, Jupiter alone have 64 moons compared to earth that have only 1 moon. In this modern world if you still don't know that the sun as we know is a star, and that there are over billion of stars in our galaxy, and the are planet revolving around them just like the earth is revolving around our sun.

let me insight more here, in the night when you look up and see the stars . know that they are sun in a distance that is so far you can use your naked eyes to see how big it is, there are some suns that are over 10 times bigger than the sun God created for earth. Trust me if there is God? HE IS NOT IN THE BIBLE OR QUR'AN

Perhaps if those who wrote the book were privileged and and informed like we do now, they would have changes their perception of telling humanity of only one sun,earth, and moon

elephant Over 80% of Ghanians know the sun,moon, earth and stars as the only bodies our there, trust me you have no idea what you are missing......

Scientists Discover Another Earth! 3196399158 Scientists Discover Another Earth! 3196399158

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum