https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

How To Change Your Computer Processor's Name

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Are you bored with your old processor? Do you want a new processor with a breath-stopping name but are not going to upgrade any time soon? No need to worry. You can still have that new processor's name displayed in your computer. Well not only that, you can also have a better one than the one you are planning to buy. Just follow this trick.

With this trick, you can change the name of your processor to a personalized one like My Processor or something extreme like HackGh Processor 50000 GHz . These are just a few examples. You can change the name of your processor to anything you like.

To have one such cool processor name displayed in your computer, follow these steps:-

Click on Start.
Click on Run.
Type "regedit" without quotes.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/
From HARDWARE, navigate to DESCRIPTION/System/CentralProcessor/.
In the work area, double click on ProcessorNameString, and change its value according to your choice.
Click OK

Changed Processor Name

Right click on the Computer icon and select properties.
Try it on your PC and show it to your friends to see the fun.

P.S.: Personally, I have recently changed the name of my processor to "iLife Processor 7, Alien Technologies". Tell me what you change yours to

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
recently, i have also changed mine to be Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.86GHz

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Nice trick there...Am going to change my processor's name to Hackgh Processor Core i7-500000X CPU @4.38GHz... Wish this trick can make my processor as fast as its name sounds...Hahaha.. Just kidding there... This Trick Is just Awesome..

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Laughing Laughing I just keep loving this place. It is very amazing how much one can do with the right knowledge and technology. @Chinesta 4.38 Ghz paa?... I guess you must have some serious cooling mechanism for your machine.

NB: Please remember to restart your machine if the changes do not take effect immediately.

drickles

Active Newbie
what about the graphics card?..any way to change the name of the gc too?...lol

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
How To Change Your Computer Processor's Name  3196399158 Yep its quit simple, just follow my lead......

Click on Start.
  Click on Run.
  Type "regedit" without quotes.
  Navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\VideoAdapterBusses

In the work area, double click on VideoAdaptor NameString, and change its value according to your choice

Waiting for your feedback....

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
lol this is a really great idea ... im thinking of changing my i 5 5th gen to i9 5th gen... heheeeh.. i can only imagine the surprise on the face of people who dont really knw this trick.....

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum