https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

NPP internal wrangling deepens; MP dares General Secretary

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
The internal strife in the New Patriotic Party (NPP) appears to be deepening with MP for Tema East, daring the General Secretary to attempt to remove his name from the list of party communicators.

The opposition party's General Secretary, Kwabena Agyei Agyapong, has been under fire from party executive and supporters over the unpopular decision to remove officers serving in various capacities.

The latest to fall on Mr Agyapong's sword is Acting Director of Communications, Perry Okudzeto, who was last Friday asked to proceed on two years’ accumulated leave.

The directive followed a similar one to the Director of Finance, Opare Hammond, removing him from office, which some executive council members are challenging.

The directive to Mr. Okudzeto to proceed on leave has angered many in the NPP

Speaking on the Super Morning Show on Joy FM, Monday, the MP for Tema East, Daniel Nii Kwatei Titus-Glover said the move was unacceptable and injures the party’s constitution.

“If you have such behaviors…you don’t expect to have the support of your steering committee members,” he said

Mr. Titus-Glover suspects the changes being made reflect a grand plan to give an advantage to one of the contenders in the party’s flagbearership race, Alan Kyerematen.

He therefore wants the General Secretary to be checked as a matter of urgency or the party risks suffering colosal defeat in the next general elections.

“If we don’t reverse this decision, the next to follow are Director of Elections, Agyei Mensah Korsah and the Director of International Relations, Martin Owiredu.

“In this time that you are working so hard to come to power you are telling your deputy director who is acting for you, to proceed on leave,” he wondered.

The MP also claimed he had credible information suggesting that Mr. Agyapong plans to remove his name from the list of the NPP’s communications team.

"I’m told that he [Agyapong] doesn’t want to see my face…and he wants to take my name out of the communications list. I was a member of the communications team when he was working at the Castle…and today if he wants to take my name out of the communications list, I dare him”, the MP stated

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum