Free counters!
Staff Online
Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

DO CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS WORSHIP THE SAME GOD ?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
First topic message reminder :

Its a question that has been bothering the minds of many ghanaians. Each has a different view. I quite remember back at shs we used to debate on this issue but the arguments never satisfied anyone. Would like to hear the views and concerns on this topic. For educational purposes.

Dagobert

Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Its like a town called Techiman. At first footpaths were created which led them to kumasi. After every generation a footpath was created. Then came a time when a much anticipated tarred road was build leading them to Kumasi. Everyone was happy and had no doubt that the road was the best and only way leading to kumasi. Then after some time, the people in Sunyani a neighboring town alleged that, a new and better road was build from sunyani to kumasi which was even the major road. They then said the previous road should be ditched for the new one with facts that did not convince the people of Techiman. This led to a mass disagreement and some chose the one from Techiman to Kumasi while otthers chose the one from Sunyani to kumasi.
What we should be looking at here is that both roads ultimately leads you to kumasi irrespective of the one you choose.

WhIPL4$h wrote:

Clearly, Islam and Christianity are DIAMETRICALLY opposed. The MOSLEM GOD has no son. The CHRISTIAN GOD HAS A SON. Hence we cannot refer to these two deities as one.

The disagreement is between who they choose to lead them towards God and how they view some events that happened during the time of Christ. But both ultimately worship the same God.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
OK so the Satanist and the Christian do worship the same God huh? Mind you Satanism is also a religion on its own. Jesus Christ says in John 14:6 that "I am THE WAY the truth and life. No man COMES to the Father except by ME". So your point of many roads or ways leading to the same place doesn't hold here. It may in some other situation but not this one.

The final destination which is heaven in the Bible is very different from that in the Qur'an. The fact that they are both referred to by the same name doesn't make them one in essence.

Jesus claims he is the ONLY WAY. Not just A WAY or one of the ways But THE WAY.

A true Moslem knows his God is nor the same as that of the Christian.

iknow

iknow
Forum Helper
this is question that has baffle many great religious leader. all i can say on this matter is it depend on the person being ask as for me im not sure

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
This topic us related to absolutes. Truth is one such absolute. Truth does not change no matter the time or location. Jesus is that truth (John 14:6). Absolute truth is true whether an individual accepts it or not. An individual's viewpoint would not change that.

Hebrews 13:8- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today and forever.
If His statement that He is the only way 2000 yes ago is true, it is still true today because truth is absolute.

Know your God well and you would not confuse HIM with some other GOD.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
@What do you understand about the statement you made about jesus, ( Jesus Christ knew he was not God.. and to get to God, you must go through Jesus ( path way), he is simple telling you do what he did in other to get to God. but he never for once said he is God....

Example me, i do believe there is a God, but i also know he is just one and only God, i have to find a way to get to God, i knew straight away that if i do what Jesus Christ said or did, i will go to heaven, But however Jesus Christ came to execute the instruction of God, it does not make him God.......... Today if you are told that every star you have seen is a sun just like our sun, but very far away , you quickly clinch yourself to Jesus, Bible, Qur'an, Islam and say am lying without even finding out yourselves,

Because when you do, you will know that everything you believe in, including the Bible and the Qur'an are all lies, because if there is a God , he created billions of suns not one like your Bible and Qur'an impasse....Why did your books say God created only one sun, FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

For some reason you and i are serving a God we never know or seen, he himself haven't spooking to us before, yet we claim to know him by reading the books written by man (the Bible and the Qur'an) and discriminate each other about religion , but all these to a God no man have ever seen or meet, neither does he speak to man in voice..... You guys talk as if the Bible and the Qur'an are from God, But actually its only a recorded history written by book authors just 600 ago....FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

D

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
That's another critical area. However there are several scripturesvinvthe Bible at testing to the fact that Jesus claimed Deity. His assertion of this was the main reason the Jews at the time on several occasions sought to have him killed. They tried stoning him, etc. When they finally got him they nailed him to a cross and killed him.

His claims of being the Son of God according to their law meant He was implying to be equal with God. But He never denied that. And they had him killed because they thought it was blasphemy. So yeah he did claim to be not only equal with God, but God.

Of course He never said anything like "I am God" but all His statements were pointing to that fact. For example, John 5:58 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am (NLT)

This was after He said "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad." John 8:56
The Jews who clearly understood what He meant confronted him by asking, "Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?" John 8:57
John 8:59 KJV
Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. -John 8:59

The Jews knew that I AM was they name reserved for God alone. And here was somebody they knew from childhood using that for himself. That was against the law. But he never on any occasions did withraw that statement.

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
phAnt0m DrAcON wrote: Today if you are told that every star you have seen is a sun just like our sun, but very far away , you quickly clinch yourself to Jesus, Bible, Qur'an, Islam and say am lying without even finding out yourselves,

why are you still hung up on this? where in the bible did Jesus say there was only one sun? can you quote it for us? is the fact that the sun is also a star the basis for your trying to debunk the bible?
Sure the sun is a star just like all the little bright dots in the night sky, but not all stars are suns. The sun is not even the hottest nor the biggest star, hell, there are stars 10 times bigger and hotter  than the sun.

The biggest star in our sky is called SUN because it is the one we revolve around; it is our sun.
some stars have planets revolving around them too but we revolve around the Sun. It is the most powerful source of energy God has gifted us with. It is by far the brightest object in the sky. It plays a very important part for all the Living creatures in this world, if there was no Sun no creature could have existed, Plants grow due to sun light, they absorb sunlight and make their food, solar absorption panel are being currently widely used in many different parts of the world for electricity in which Panel Absorbs sunlight and generates electricity.  it guides us during the day so we see where we are going and at night , it helps the moon give us just enough light.

The bible is more than 600 years old, a time before any technological advancements we have attained now yet all its predictions are coming  true. For instance, revelations says the world will be destroyed by fire which is true because the sun is growing it will eventually reached red giant stage,  pull the earth in and explode thus burning us all.

Don't let the knowledge you aquire pull you away form God but rather make you appreciate how magnificent he is.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
I invite more views from others members as well. Only bear in mind that your views should be well informed. We need more contributions based on absolute truth.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
ITS AN OPEN MINDED QUESTION, DON'T GET EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO IT... I DON'T, I ONLY ENGAGE YOU IN WAYS I THINK PROVES MY POINT...THAT'S ALL

Yep here we go again, for a man who serve a God he have never seen or heard from, been judgmental about a book he claims its from God, You are a pawn on a big chest board.... unless you open you mind and notice that even if there is a God, he is neither Islam or christian,

Now i believe the famous story of Satan and rebellion against God, we(Man) did not rebel against him, but here we are suffering and going to hell for sin lesser than the rebellion of Satan against God. today Satan is living happily ever after and already have everlasting life. perhaps you should read the bible and Qur'an again o find out Satan punishment God gave to him.... whiles he himself is not even in hell, God never said he would put Satan in hell, is man who is suffering as a result of Satan rebellion and man who goes to hell ...How wicked do you think your God is?

Now God is sharing humanity(man) with an angel(Satan) which he also created, just us he easily take the life of mankind(Man), yet he cannot take the life of a common angel (Satan) , who he created.  Satan will even have more number of people than the creator(God) THAT'S THE GOD YOU ARE SERVE TODAY...  POWERLESS AND CANT FIGHT OF AN ANGEL TO SAVE THE VERY PEOPLE HE CLAIMS TO LOVE

here we are for a God who know that Adam will eat the apple and years form now you are i who have nothing to do with the apple are the once suffering from Adams sins... yet watched and allowed it happen. yet he loved him same you claim he loves us? What kind of love is that?.. yet the bible sain ..

EVERY man will be judge by their own doing.... Was Adam eating the apple your doing? yet today you are suffering for Adams sin and curses.... What king of a GOD Duels on a sin that was committed billions of year ago and still blame us for it......Unforgiving God?

Now Adam and Eve gave birth to Kane and Able, then Kane killed able and God banished him for that.... and what else happened, have you ask you father or pastor about how Kane meet his wife and if Adam and eve have other children?.. because that should have been the end of humanity, because Kane is the only child of Adam and Eve now have one child(Kane)also happen to be a male and cannot be impregnated by Adam ....

Mr Christian or Muslim, who knows God and hear from him, even your very own pastors does not know the answers to this very questions and i believe you wont even attempt to answer because you will start quoting the very book which was written by man with so many contradiction and loop hole and the funny thing is it not in the Bible become they couldn't find a book that recorded that history....

if you were born by a Muslim parent, you will be singing a different song on this page protecting the Qur'an instead of the Bible.. We do not choose who our parents are..is God who does that, so how then do we condemn  or discriminate against each other on God

how is that you cant came to terms that ,you yourself have never seen or here from God.. have you done something wrong to him Mr Christian or Muslim

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
you used the phrase ''even if there is a God'' does this mean you don't  even believe there is a God? but in your previous comments you claim to believe in his existence.

well I can see you are perplexed and bemuse; you really want to believe but just like the doubting Thomas, you want to see the ''holes in his hands first''. So which one puzzles you more the fact that the sun is a star? or the fact that we ''blindly'' believe God without even seeing him? or the true origin of the bible?   You ask all these questions because you really need something to believe in, I suggest you read the bible thoroughly and they'll all be answered.

Christianity or Islam is built on faith that's why in John 20:29 he says ''Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe'' if your looking for hard truths you might   never find them.

I don't believe in God or the bible because I was brought up or trained to do so, I believe because I know he exists. Don't ask me how I know because you wouldn't like my answer. Your parents and pastor will do their bit by teaching you about God but it all boils down to you and your relationship with God.

You keep saying you are being open minded and that we are being attached emotionally, but in actual fact, you are the close minded and judgmental one. You out-rightly dismiss the bible as being a bunch of lies and flagrantly call The Almighty God a liar and a wicked God; you don't get more  narrow-minded judgmental than that.

Don't confuse  yourself with questions you probably wont find answers to. Just find time and read the bible - even if you don't believe it - read it just for reading sake and I hope get satisfied with the answers you find.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
@willspanner Since you started this topic in the first place, let me ask you directly; Where do you stand on this issue. Are the two worshipping the same God or not?

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
hahahah, i like where the conversation is going, now just take a look at your last paragraph and you will know exactly your problem.. You, I and the Muslim are all serving a God because we believe in God, but none of us have heard from him or seen him neither can we prove his existence....

The very simply fact, that all i said about God is the same thing the Bible and Quran is telling us... In your own words if there is a God of Muslims, Judaism, Christians, then trust me that God is a wicked God, because most of the thing the bible and the quran says about God is negative, insite men to kill children and all animals in a city....but when Adolf Hitler killed the jews, he was term as wicked... it cannot  be compared to the atrocities God have done using man( the bibile confirms it clearly,

Am engaging members to share their thoughts, and i try to push them to respond and address matters on my mind on other people mind as well, most of my sentence may seem personal or directed to some members, but trust this have nothing to do with the God i serve. because my God is not a Muslim or Christian, he is the only one and only true God, he is greater than the God in the Bible or the Qur'an. My God is called God, and i believe in him.... hahahhahahah

Getting back to the issue of same God, if the are not the same God, then why is that the old testament and the Qur'an both have the same recorded history, from Adam, Noah, Moses,Abraham, Issac, Ishmael, Jesus Christ,

Abraham is the father of both ISSAC(CHRISTIANITY) and ISHMAEL(ISLAM)... am sure your pastor cant even lie about this one, its the absolute truth. You can consult your pastors to confirm this info. THE DISPUTE IS ABOUT HOW TO GET TO GOD..

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
WhIPL4$h wrote:@willspanner Since you started this topic in the first place, let me ask you directly; Where do you stand on this issue. Are the two worshipping the same God or not?

A generation ago many people in the west (including some Christians) wondered if, perhaps, followers of other faiths were worshiping the same God as Christians. Usually this question was prompted by looking at the many different religions around the world. Today, however, Christians are hearing this same question and often we're hearing it directly from Muslim neighbors or work mates – who've recently emigrated to the west in large numbers and now comprise the largest non-Christian faith. It is not uncommon to hear a friendly Muslim remark to his Christian neighbor, “You are not so different from us … we worship the same God as you”. In this day and age dominated by religious pluralism and tolerance towards other cultures, Christians are increasingly perplexed by the question, Do Muslims worship the same God as Christians?

If one focuses only on certain similarities, it might be easy to agree, especially when you consider that Muslims believe – as Christians do – in one God who created the universe. Not only so, the word for God in the Arabic Bible is Allah – the very same term Muslims use. The question of whether Christians and Muslims worship one and the same God will continue being asked, and increasingly so, as the number of Muslims keeps growing in the west, and indeed, globally.

Let me clarify that our intention is not to argue against using the terms God or Allah in a generic sense, as if to imply that we should undertake a new translation of the Arabic Bible. Our aim is simply to discuss the core character qualities of God. 'Oneness' is a primary attribute of God but aren't there other key characteristics that distinguish God from all other so-called gods – traits that prove he is greater? These are the kinds of questions we want to consider.

Now that we have properly understood the question, “How should I, as a Christian, respond to my neighbor?” Should I immediately try to expose those aspects of Islam which I know to be false? Should I begin by pointing out the stark differences between our two faiths? For example, the Qur'an – strictly speaking – denies that God is Father. Muslims emphatically reject Jesus as God's Son and they firmly deny Jesus' death on the cross and resurrection – the very heart of the gospel.
We might say, “I believe in one God, as it is written in the first commandment, 'You must not have any other god but me.'” (Exodus 20:3) By taking this approach we set the Muslim at ease because this belief is the cornerstone of his faith. In fact, most Muslims acknowledge that this commandment was the very first commandment (of 10) which Allah revealed through the prophet Moosa (Moses).

It is important not to just tell our friend the short version of this command. We should read the full statement as recorded in Exodus 20:2-3, “I am the LORD your God who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery. You must not have any other god but me.” The Exodus story, as recounted in the Qur'an, corresponds to the Biblical account – in most respects – although the Muslim version omits the 10th plague and Passover Lamb. The fact is: Muslims know the broad outline of this epic rescue story, including the climactic rescue when God parted the waters of the Red Sea. Muslims, therefore, are inclined to agree with the first commandment as found in Exodus 20:2-3.
In my perspective therefore i believe we are not worshiping the same God though some facts says otherwise. I would base all my argument on the method in which we revere God. Mohammed and Jesus. The mere fact that they don't believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God is the basis of my argument.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Laughing  I like the approach given to this topic. But before I make my next submission let ask this simple question. Does a liberal Christian who denies the deity of Jesus Christ and the Trinity worship the same God as an orthodox Christian who affirms them?

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
@Dagobert... afro Ask them ooo ohhh make fun of somone ask them make fun of somone

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Interestingly, I have spoken with a lot of Muslim and Christian brothers and most of them seem to despise the fact that Muslims and Christians could be worshipping the same God. I stumbled upon this except below on whatsapp and it seems to address our thread although from the title, it's obvious that is not what it intended to address from the Islamic point of view.
Sorry for the parts of the article that has nothing to do with our topic, I didn't want to edit it too much.

First Reminder. Monday. 23rd/24th day of Jumaadal Aakhir. Misconceptions About Islam. Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem.

People in the west seem to have many misconceptions about Muslims and Islam. Many believe that the western world is advanced, enlightened and liberated, while Islam is just the opposite: primitive, ignorant and oppressed. One reason for this belief is that the media has time and again portrayed the Muslims in a way contrary to Islamic teachings. The key to understanding Islam and Muslims is to resist stereotypes and examine each situation according to Islamic teachings, and NOT by some Muslims’ actions. For this reason, it's our duty to address the most common misconceptions.

Have you ever wondered why a "Nun" can be covered from head to toe and she’s respected for devoting herself to God, but when a Muslim woman covers, she’s viewed as “oppressed”? Or why a Jew can grow a beard and he’s just practising his faith, and when a Muslim does that, he’s an “extremist”? One of the most appalling Misconception is that Muslims worship a new God called Allah"
what a stupid misconception.

This might be due to the fact that Muslims sometimes refer to God as “Allah”. In actuality, Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus peace be upon them all. The word “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for Almighty God - an Arabic word of rich meaning, denoting the one and only God. Allah is also the same word that Arabic speaking Christians and Jews use to refer to God in their scriptures in Arabic. If you pick up an Arabic translation of the Christian Bible, you will see the word “Allah” wherever “God” is used in English.

However, although Muslims, Jews and Christians believe in the same God (the Creator), their concepts regarding Him differ significantly.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum