Free counters!
Staff Online
Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

DO CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS WORSHIP THE SAME GOD ?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
First topic message reminder :

Its a question that has been bothering the minds of many ghanaians. Each has a different view. I quite remember back at shs we used to debate on this issue but the arguments never satisfied anyone. Would like to hear the views and concerns on this topic. For educational purposes.

Dagobert

Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Interestingly, I have spoken with a lot of Muslim and Christian brothers and most of them seem to despise the fact that Muslims and Christians could be worshipping the same God. I stumbled upon this except below on whatsapp and it seems to address our thread although from the title, it's obvious that is not what it intended to address from the Islamic point of view.
Sorry for the parts of the article that has nothing to do with our topic, I didn't want to edit it too much.

First Reminder. Monday. 23rd/24th day of Jumaadal Aakhir. Misconceptions About Islam. Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem.

People in the west seem to have many misconceptions about Muslims and Islam. Many believe that the western world is advanced, enlightened and liberated, while Islam is just the opposite: primitive, ignorant and oppressed. One reason for this belief is that the media has time and again portrayed the Muslims in a way contrary to Islamic teachings. The key to understanding Islam and Muslims is to resist stereotypes and examine each situation according to Islamic teachings, and NOT by some Muslims’ actions. For this reason, it's our duty to address the most common misconceptions.

Have you ever wondered why a "Nun" can be covered from head to toe and she’s respected for devoting herself to God, but when a Muslim woman covers, she’s viewed as “oppressed”? Or why a Jew can grow a beard and he’s just practising his faith, and when a Muslim does that, he’s an “extremist”? One of the most appalling Misconception is that Muslims worship a new God called Allah"
what a stupid misconception.

This might be due to the fact that Muslims sometimes refer to God as “Allah”. In actuality, Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus peace be upon them all. The word “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for Almighty God - an Arabic word of rich meaning, denoting the one and only God. Allah is also the same word that Arabic speaking Christians and Jews use to refer to God in their scriptures in Arabic. If you pick up an Arabic translation of the Christian Bible, you will see the word “Allah” wherever “God” is used in English.

However, although Muslims, Jews and Christians believe in the same God (the Creator), their concepts regarding Him differ significantly.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
It is true that in the Arabic bible the word for "God" is "Allah". That's the language. However if you check the personality of the " Allah" in the Arabic Bible you would realise that it is the same person as in the English bible. All the attributes and characteristics are the same. Thus includes having a Son. It is this son that the God of the Qur'an vehemently denies having. Going further to state that it is nonsense for people to even think of such a thing; as he has never been married or taken a concubine.

That's one of the things that set the two apart. And I've given scriptures from both the Bible and the Qur'an to that effect. The two are not the same! One has a Son, the other has no son. Period.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Very interesting explanation. I have already insisted they are serving the same God... But you see, its always the Christian that dispute this, because Jesus to them is God, even after Jesus telling them so many times the difference between his father, the God he JESUS CHRIST worship and what he(God) have sent he (JESUS CHRIST) to do God bidden.....

As we all know, God is all-powerful and is independent, he needs no help from anybody. However so this is not the case with Jesus, unlike God, Jesus needs help from God, unlike God, Jesus does not own any power or any authority, rather it is given to him from God.

John 13:3  Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

John 17:6-8: 6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known that ALL THINGS whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me

So as we can see, Jesus GIVEN everything he had! This all included miracle, doctrine etc. Basically Jesus did not do anything of his own, he never performed a miracle by his own power, he was given the miracle. He never taught anything of his own, rather he was taught by God and spoke what God told him to speak.

Jhn 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me
Jhn 12:49  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Jhn 8:26  I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

Jhn 14:24  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So everything Jesus had was from God, from the Gospel to his miracles. God needs no one to give him power, God needs no one to tell him what to do, therefore Jesus is not God.

I challenge any Christian to bring me one single miracle Jesus performed on his own, just one. The Christian will never be able to meet this challenge.

5- Jesus was sent to a specific nation only, not to mankind

It is very strange that when we read the Bible, we find that Jesus was sent to preach to a specific nation only, not mankind. One would expect to find Jesus being sent to all of mankind if he was God, rather what we find is that Jesus just like all the other prophets, was sent to a specific nation only:

Mat 15:24  But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

So as we see, Jesus was sent only for the lost sheep of Israel. His main duty was for them, not the gentiles or the world. Christians often like to say Jesus told his disciples to go preach to the gentiles, however so this doesn’t change anything. Jesus’ real mission as we see was for the children of Israel, not the gentiles, the verse I posted cannot be refuted. The verse is very clear, Jesus is SENT for the lost sheep of Israel, not the Gentiles, Jesus saying go preach to Gentiles does not mean he was sent for gentiles.

5-   Jesus denied being good in the sense that God is good.

If Jesus is God one would expect him to admit he is good in the sense that God is good, meaning perfect. However when we read the Bible we see that Jesus denies being good in the sense that God is good which is perfect. Here are the passages:

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

So note, the man calls Jesus good, Jesus tells the man there is non good but God. Obviously Jesus referred to God as someone else, which also proves Jesus isn’t God. However the main importance of the passages is that Jesus denies being Good in the way God is good, which is to be perfect.

This testimonies are in the bible made by Jesus Christ ensiting he should be compared to the who created he Jesus Christ.....

Untill everyone who wont to find God do the research God themselves, 10 men of God will interpretable and explain a verse in 10 different ways that contradict, yet they all claim is from the same God. Unless you find God yourself,  you will be a lost sheep which jesus christ did not come for, becouse you missunderstood him for some more greater and power more than him.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum